My fellow Producers,
Let me introduce myself to those of you who may not know me, or know of me. I am a PCTV 21 Board Member and fellow Independent Producer here at PCTV21. I write this message to you so that you may contact me at your leisure and to announce that our Producers group will once again start holding meetings.
Some of you may remember CPAC well the name was changed, but the mission remains the same. I will list below objectives we need to accomplish in 2007 and beyond.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Also please note that we have had a blog that my friend Joe and I have created for all of us to stay informed and to get the word out to the public It is a blog for all of us so; please post your information and any updates there. Again, you can e-mail me with any news or updates and you’ll have them posted on our blog.
Blog address is Http://www.pittsburghproducers.blogspot.com
1. Hold meetings to voice concerns, complaints, and to find positive solutions to any and all concerns.
2. Build a communications bridge with staff and board members through myself or an elected liaison.
3. Discuss what you as a producer (who’s works air on PCTV21) can do to ensure that PCTV21 survives and still remains once other telecommunications companies come to
4. Help PCTV21 evolve in case we lose our funding once the franchise with Comcast Cable Company is up.
5. Help to make PCTV21 a household name and a community asset that can not be taken from the Pittsburgh community and educate all local, county, and state leaders that PCTV21 plays a vital role in Pittsburghers lives and ensures that Pittsburgh residents have a voice and access to free speech in the media.
6. Get the word out to philanthropic organizations how vital PCTV21’s role is in continuing free speech access to
These are a few objectives one believes need to be met. I encourage all of you to e-mail me with your ideas and please tell me if producer meetings on Friday evenings or Saturday evenings would suit you best? Once I have a consensus I will plan the meetings so that we can overcome any obstacles we may have or perceive to have.
Note: There may be a way for PCTV21 to have a bug on our shows this would be in the lower right corner. A bug is the little logo you see on mainstream media stations like NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, PBS, and CW and their local affiliates, this could be done without any effect on your production. If it can be done it would be done by studio staff. Please let me and PCTV21 staff know your feelings on the bug idea. This would be a step forward in making PCTV21 a household name and thus help us to overcome and survive any loss of funding from Comcast cable.
Thank you, my fellow Independent Producers (PCTV 21 airs the programs) for reading my message. I look forward to hearing from you.
Albert Torcaso PCTV21 Board of Directors member Producer of Humanity Matters and A Caring Nation
Tuesday's at 8::00 pm EST time Watch Humanity Matters on PCTV 21 and online at http://www.PCTV21.org
Sometimes standing up for one makes you a leader of many.