I wrote a portion of this on the petition that I signed.
Mr. President, you're hurting Americans who voted for change, not pain.
You need to stand up to republicans and say no to cuts in medicare, social security, and medicaid.
Ways to lower our debt as well as bring in more revenue.
· Stop all tax incentives for outsourcing or moving businesses over seas.
· Give tax incentives to corporations that bring back their manufacturing factories or production facilities to the United States of America.
· Give tax incentives to corporations that are creating innovative technologies and that sign a commitment to produce their new products in the United States of America and not move their factories for a period of at least forty years.
· Create new types of manufacturing plants in America and bring back industries such as steel that has for the most part, been produced overseas for the last thirty years and again, give tax cuts to companies that return home.
· Stop importing 40 to 90 percent of all our nation’s products.
· We must start negotiating with industry leaders and unions in order to once again have America lead the world in manufacturing and inventing new technologies as well as amazing products.
· Tax those who make two hundred and fifty thousand dollars or more at a higher tax rate or at least end the tax cuts of President Bush’s administration.
· Reform the tax codes so that we have equal percentages of taxes for the poor, working poor, middle class, upper middle class, wealthy and the super wealthy.
If some or most of these were to become policy and the law of the land it would do many things. It would in effect, help us pay off this debt, provide jobs as well as careers for millions of Americans which would bring hundreds of billions or trillions of dollars of revenue to all forms of government over the next ten to one hundred years. I know,
Mr. President, that the elections of 2010 was a bad turn out for the democratic party, but most progressive democrats retained their seats or were newly elected.
It Is time, Mr. President, to be bold and stand up to those who would put our fellow Americans in even more debt, take away their safety nets, end home heating and electric bill payments’ help.
Mr. President, if you change course and stand up for what you believe in and return to the A Change We Can Believe In Philosophy, I will support you; speak about why you should be re-elected and what plans you have for your second term.
Thank you, Mr. President, or your staff for reading this message.
The time to act for justice, fairness, and what is right is now, and we must not ever retreat in these duties.
Sometimes standing up for one makes you a leader of many.
Copyright 2011 Albert Torcaso All Rights Reserved.