See what nations visit us!

Free counters!

07 May 2016

Lied To Disrespected And Money Paid For Nothing!




I could yell and scream at @Verizon right about now, but I am a man, person of integrity, respect, loyalty and fairness, yet I have been hung up on, lied to, told my computer is slow when it is not.
I have had my computer checked over by a computer expert.
I have had techs look me in the face and being as nice as possible acted like deer in the headlights and frankly like a machine that can't hear or see you.
Or one without the ability to think!
Today May 7th 2016 yet another group of so called techs come to my home and run a few tests.
They determine that my computer can't use and or is not using the wired ethernet connection.
Meanwhile, it is the only way we have had any internet connection in our home!
True, it did not for some odd reason work at the outside terminal.
Yet, it has worked since we had Verizon these last three years.
Now, mind you just ten minutes before leaving, rather almost leaving
My home I had been online!
Even more INSANE THE tech on the phone tells me that they are sending the techs Sunday May 8th 2016.
And I tell him they are here right now he says to me it's not them they are not coming to my home until Sunday May 8th 2016!
Well. they park a few doors up so I figure I'd go and ask.
Sure enough they came today.
The guy on the phone kept arguing with us that they were not there!
INSANE!!
How does a company that is a telecommunications company not communicate with their own employees?
INSANE!
Had we left due to the person on the phone being unaware of what was going on had we left.
Then we would have heard we missed the appointment.
Verizon staff, employees get your act together and fix my speed connection issues.
This has gone on long enough!
Things Albert Torcaso and Annette Mendel will do if @Verizon And Verizon's employees, agents, subcontractors, do not fix this issue or refund full payment dating back to Jan -2016.
We will take this matter to the State and Federal Attorney's General and research to whom we can contact on reporting Verizon to other government authorities if need be.
Had we dumped Verizon in Jan 2016 we could have used the 1,000 dollars we paid them in those five months to save
Lashona Moon Torcaso and Precious Pumpkin Torcaso could right now be receiving treatment.
For Lashona Moon Torcaso's Cancer and finding out what is going on with her. Does she have Cancer?
We Don't know!
Why because each month we paid Verizon a bill that is not warranted and for which we have not received said services which are to be Download speeds of 150 Mpbs Uploads 150 Mbps
when using the wired (Ethernet) connection.
Which at time of this FaceBook, Twitter Posting we still do not receive.
I HEREBY DECLARE AND NOTIFY VERIZON , IT'S SUBSIDIARIES ANY AND ALL AGENTS THAT IF OUR SERVICES ARE NOT OR CANNOT BE DELIVERED
WE, ANNETTE MENDEL AND ALBERT TORCASO
WILL EXPECT A FULL REFUND OF ALL MONIES PAID TO VERIZON FROM JANUARY 2016 UNTIL MAY 2016.
AS WELL AS NOT BEING EXPECTED TO PAY THE FEE FOR
150 / 150 MBPS
UNTIL VERIZON CORRECTS INTERNAL AND OR EXTERNAL WIRING AND OR ANY ISSUES THAT HAVE CAUSED AND OR CONTINUE TO CAUSE MR. TORCASO AND MS MENDEL FROM RECEIVING THE SERVICE THAT VERIZON HAS ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR AND MONEY THAT IT NOT ONLY ACCEPTED, BUT CONTINUES TO ACCEPT AND DEMAND PAYMENT FOR.
ONE SHOULD NOTE THAT IF SERVICE IS NOT ABLE TO BE USED YOU'RE RECEIVING MONEY FOR SOMETHING YOU NEVER PROVIDED.
UNTIL SUCH TIME AS YOU, VERIZON CAN PROVIDE US WITH THE SERVICE WE HAVE PAID FOR.
Note:
The uppercase tests is due to many contracts, both on or offline have uppercase letters (text)
In closing if you, Verizon ‪#‎Verizon‬ #Verizon# @Verizon think that we are going to pay you another two hundred 200.00 dollars for May 2016 you are grossly mistaken.
Get the job done and refund us or expect to see the government contacting you on our behalf.
Albert Torcaso
412-559-2731

Search This Blog